Every year NATOA holds a nationwide competition for those local communities who are showing exceptional leadership by building programs that champion community interests in broadband deployment and adoption. Each of these award winners demonstrates how local communities across the nation are actively engaging their resources to ensure full community access to this critical modern infrastructure.
CLIC congratulates the following five 2017 award winners:
- Community Broadband Hero of the Year: Danna MacKenzie, Executive Director, State of Minnesota Office of Broadband Development;
- Community Broadband Project of the Year: Longmont Power & Communications, Longmont, CO;
- Community Broadband Strategic Plan of the Year: Seattle, WA “Strategic Plan for Facilitating Equitable Access to Wireless Broadband”;
- Community Broadband Digital Equity Project of the Year: Seattle, WA “Technology Matching Fund”;
- Community Broadband Innovative Partnership of the Year: Garrett County, MD & Declaration Networks Group, Inc.
More on these award winners can be found here.Tweet